Saturday, October 10

a month already!

Wow. I can't believe I've been in California for a month! Sorry about not actually living up to my promises of updating this more often.

I don't have a lot to show for this month that's passed, but here's what's going on. I got a part-time job tutoring math at a Korean owned after school academy. Next week, I'm going to also be teaching English language learners debate. That should be fun! I realized one day as I was helping a kid solve a math problem that I was really happy to be working. It gives me a little structure and makes me feel useful.

I volunteer at the church one afternoon a week. One of my regular tasks is to update the photo section of the website. The first time I tried, I thought I almost shut the website down, but it turned out to be OK.

A few weekends ago, I swam and ran in the Oasis Aqua Run! The day after I got here, a friend of mine asked me to do it with her, so I had two weeks to get ready. It was fun and felt so good to finish.

Last Friday, I went with two friends to the beach, which was great. That night, I went to Big Bear Lake in the mountains! That's a Texas girl's dream - to go to the beach and mountains in the same day.

This week, I've been getting a little stressed about wedding stuff. I was spending a good amount of time looking for another job, but this week I decided I was going to focus on wedding stuff until at least the invitations go out. Argh. It's more work than I thought it would be and I have become a different person than the normal laid-back Lela who lived in Texas. Hopefully I can return to my former self at some point in the future.

No comments: