Thursday, September 6

in case you didn't hear yet...

My sister had her baby on Friday night! He came at 7:31 PM weighing 8 pounds 4 ounces and is 21.5 inches long. Everything went really well. In my sister's state of epidural bliss, she told me I could stay in the birthing room. It was amazing to see him take his first breath and cry right away and to feel the tears on my face and see them on hers. A miracle.

He's pretty much the cutest baby ever and I am so happy to be here to enjoy his first two weeks of life. (I'm heading to Texas after that.) There are some pictures on my flickr page. You can click the badge on the right to go there and take a look.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

congrats Auntie Lela!

Elaine said...

welcome to the club - I love being an aunt (just in case I hadn't mentioned that...) What a beautiful baby. I know your sister is grateful to have you there

mad4books said...

Congratulations! My sister was allowed two "coaches" in her BEAUTIFUL birthing suite in Virginia, and it was one of my life's most amazing experiences!!

(Probably because it wasn't ME having those awful contractions. lol)