Saturday, March 14

a spring break road trip


(a flower at a roadside stand in Maui)

I'd be excited pretty much no matter what I was doing this week, because I'm really needing a break from my lovely (read:challenging) 5th graders. But, I'm really excited because I'm taking a road trip with a friend to L.A. I'll get to meet up with a few of the friends I worked with in China there.

I consider myself super lucky to have my life in Asia and my life in the States intersect twice in the space of a month. Two friends came and spent a week with me in February, and now I get to meet more in L.A.! We're driving all night tomorrow night, hoping that we can take turns sleeping and make it. If not, of course, we'll stop to sleep.

We'll be back on Sunday, with stories to tell, I'm sure!

No comments: