Tuesday, September 4

Texas Trip

We got to visit Texas in August!  We flew in to Austin and drove to Lake Brownwood for a family reunion on my Dad's side of the family.  I hadn't been to that reunion since before I left for Asia, which was in 2003, so I was glad to be able to see a few people on that side of the family and bring Colin and Mavry with me. 



Since my parents crashed Colin's family reunion earlier in the summer, Colin's parents joined us in Brownwood.  

 We went back to Austin and got some more family time plus some friend visits. 



 Colin left Austin after the weekend to get back to work, but Mavry and I stayed and went to visit my sister Laura and her family in Burleson.  We went to visit a farm in Cleburne to see the animals and buy some raw milk.  For the rest of my visit, Wesley and Curtis kept asking for "farm milk" to drink since they knew where it came from. 




It rained a lot while I was in Burleson!  I love rain and had fun playing in the puddles with my nephews.  My parents came to visit for some more grandkid time since we didn't make it to Abilene.  We enjoyed being treated to some fun restaurants and Mavry really enjoyed all the attention she got from everyone.  She especially loved all the fun times with her cousins.  It's too bad we live so far away!

No comments: