Thursday, July 14

busy

I am really enjoying life here, but I'm pretty busy. I am trying to spend as much time as I can with my roommates in the dorm, because I'll only live two more weeks with them. We gave our second test this week, so I had to write that with my partner, then there's grading, teaching, activities with the English house, etc. This week I've also been starting to clean out the apartment that I'll be moving in to at the end of the month. The girl who was in it left on Saturday, and she left me a lot of good stuff and a lot of junk, so I've been sorting through that and cleaning it out. All of this and I'm trying to learn some Chinese characters and phrases. I'm not stressed, but it just makes for a lot of stuff to do, so that's my apology for not keeping my blog updated. If you email me, you are guaranteed a response, though, even though it might take me a week to get to the bottom of my inbox.

I've been able to connect more with some of the people who have been here a while, and that's been really good. The summer team of volunteers is great, too, but they're gonna leave soon. This morning, I took the bus downtown by myself for the first time since I've been here, and it took me a while to find out how to get the bus back after shopping, but I did and made it back safely. I forgot our weekly office meeting in the process, so I'll have some apologizing to do for that. It was really nice to have a morning to myself, though, to get some stuff for my apartment and think.

No comments: