Friday, February 16

in Chiang Mai

We spent three nights and two days on Koh Samet on a lovely cove shared with only 8 other bungalows. It was amazing. I had no idea Thailand was so wonderful. I will try to post some pictures in the next few days.

Now, after a songthaew, ferry, bus, taxi, plane, and another taxi, we are in our hostel in Chiang Mai. It's a beautifully cool night. We walked down the street from our hostel in search of dinner and stumbled on an absolutely delicious French restaurant. I had beef slow roasted in wine with salad, pasta, and fresh baked bread for less than four dollars. Do I have to leave this magical country?

1 comment:

RD said...

I am SO jealous! Thailand IS magical, isn't it??? Not sure how long you'll be there but I've got phone numbers if you're interested in hooking up with some locals. Let me know. Oh, and our church is across from the main entrance to Chiang Mai University (CMU or "Maw Chaw" said in Thai) - right at the base of Doi Suthep mountain.
Rebecca