Monday, February 19

last day in Chiang Mai

I am trying to post pictures, but it's not working. It might have to wait until I get back to China. I met up with a friend of a friend yesterday, ate at her mom's cafe, and then she showed me around a little. She took me to an import food store where I bought chocolate chips and some really great bread. She showed me where their fellowship meets and then I took a songthaew up the hill to Doi Suthep, where there is a wat and a nice view of Chiang Mai. She also bought me Thai iced tea to go- my first drink in a bag! Pictures to come later, hopefully.

Today, I'm taking a one day Thai cooking class. I'm looking forward to it. I'll be off to Bangkok tomorrow morning, spend the day there, and then take the night flight to Seoul then back to Yanji on Thursday morning. I'm ready to get back, but I'm certainly gonna miss this sunshine.

2 comments:

RD said...

your "friend of a friend" can only mean my dear Gade. She's the greatest and loves showing people her beloved Chiang Mai. Glad you could meet up. You also got to see our old stomping grounds. We lived about a 5 minute walk from our church. I just wish we could've been there to see you!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hi
I noticed you mentioned taking a Thai cooking class in Chiang Mai so I thought you'd find this site useful
http://www.thaifoodtonight.com/thaifoodtonight/recipes.htm