Thursday, January 18

the closest book

I was tagged by Elaine.

1) Grab the book closest to you
2) Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence
3) Post the text of the following 3 sentences
4) Name the author and book title
5) Tag three people to do the same

The book closest to me happens to be Let's Go Thailand which doesn't really have an author, but many writers and an editor. The real book I'm reading right now, Clowning in Rome by Henri Nouwen, doesn't have 123 pages anyway.

The sentences I'm directed to post here are some that I had read earlier because I hope to visit this place:
Chatuchak Market.
Referred to by locals as "JJ," this weekend market is a bargain hunter's dream and makes for a great case study of market culture in Southeast Asia. The bustle is unmistakable and addictive as thousands of vendors see everything from dalmations to incense, although the main focus is clothing and plants. Chatuchak has a reputation for being the cheapest of the markets, but come armed with plenty of free time and patience to navigate the crowds and ready to hone your wallet preservation skills and bargain ruthlessly with relentless vendors.

Sounds like fun, huh? I'll be there in about two weeks!

I'm not gonna tag anyone, but if you have an interesting (or not) book near you, go ahead and do it too, for fun, and let me know.

No comments: